Hola after a really long time! I took a self imposed break from many things including blogging for a while! Now I am back because I wanted to 🙂
I started writing (later termed blogging) just out of my interest to talk about things that interest and inspire me. For some reason, at some point I felt, I was forcing this on myself and I did not like it. I wanted to write only when I feel for it. Well, I am not sure why I am saying this, but hold on to this thought! Take a break when things you like/love are turning into an obligation!
I had so many things to write about but sometimes one needs that spark of motivation. I happened to run into this post on my instagram and visited Pink Chai Living. As I was reading other posts, I came across this and instantly wanted to write something. I have always loved my birthday and keep counting days for it. I am more excited about having another birthday rather than growing a year old. 🙂 And this year, being the last of my twenties, I had all the more reason to set some interesting goals for myself.
So here you go! 30 things I want to do before 30 (At least before I complete 30) To start on a positive and motivating note, I will start the list with two things, I already achieved 🙂
- Learn car driving (I finally did it in 2015)
- Own a home (“We” did it in 2016)
- Go on a date with my husband to Disney land/world. (This has been on my to-do list since almost my 9th grade :-p)
- Learn to make a fondant cake.
- Celebrate my dance school annual day (Been almost 3 years of teaching, wanting to do one for a while now)
- Act in a short film
- Get my US bar license
- Get consistent with blogging and discipline myself.. (Well at least 3 blogs a month for at least 3 months!)
- Learn to use my camera properly (Not sure if I can already call it photography)
- Bake the perfect bread!
- Go on all girls trip 🙂
- Plan a baby!
- Run a marathon
- Give up sugar in coffee and tea (For now, I refrain from sugar only in my Starbucks coffee)
- Visit Chidambaram Nataraja temple and dance in front of the lord (This also means I get to go to India very soon..Yayy!!! #AaravLove)
- Color my hair..at least few streaks
- Sky Diving ( My hands shiver as I think of this and exactly why I want to do this. Overcome my fear of heights)
- Spend one complete day with just my self.. no second person, no electronics 🙂
- Be able to to 108 Suryanamaskarams.
- Own a Louis Vitton bag (I was resisting to have materialistic wishes… well, lets keep it for when I am 40!)
- Start a new venture (well the one on my mind may be)
- Adopt a pet (Yes, Mr. A is going to be surprised to hear this)
- Make time for a social cause to work for with dedication (Not work when I have spare time)
- Get a small little tattoo
- Write a story ( Well, ya.. everyone has a story to tell!)
- Take a 30 day challenge (I have started many..but never really stuck to it)
- Learn to make good salads and dressings!
- Get into real reading habit (Just coz, cultivating habits may be difficult later!!!)
- Not think twice for the fear of other’s opinion/judgement (Yes, I happen to do it so many times and time to change it!!)
- Finish the above 29 🙂
I just pushed myself to make some ridiculous (may be not) to-do list! Lets see what I do 🙂
AbbeyMay 11, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Making a cake with Fondant is on my list too! I pulled the trigged on a LV bag a few years ago and I totally say DO IT! it is a closet staple and is totally timeless. You can wear it forever! I don’t used mine all the time, but I do dig it out for special events or for when I need to feel a little extra fancy <3
LakshmiMay 11, 2017 at 1:57 pm
That is super motivating Abbey! Yes, I agree its no harm to own a LV to feel little extra fancy 🙂
AmmaMay 11, 2017 at 3:55 pm
You will do all the 30 talli. All the best and God bless you and give you courage and strength to finish your goal before you complete 30
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Thanks Amma 🙂
Kamana@SocialandStyleMay 12, 2017 at 6:19 am
Aww love this list! Wish you all the best and can;t wait to celebrate all your success.
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
You are so kind! thank you so much 🙂
DianaMay 12, 2017 at 9:04 am
I have some of these done already at 26! But some of these I never want to do like sky diving, you got guts! If you learn how to make good salads and dressings, let me know! One of my goals is to eat healthier.
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Awesome Diana… I wish I made this list a little while ago 🙂 “Sky Diving”..That one thing on my list was to push me out of my comfort zone :-p
Yeah! I will blog about my salads experience!!
NicoleMay 12, 2017 at 12:28 pm
You’re list is so much fun! I am over 30 but maybe I should do one for my 40’s. I do want to own a pair of “red bottoms” at some point though.
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Red bottoms is very fun… I resisted it for a long time but when I got it..loved it!!! One of my earlier posts is with that 🙂
LeanneMay 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm
What a great list! I’m over 30, but I can do my own for 40 before 40 🙂
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Thank you Leanne! Absolutely.. I work better off lists 😉 .
LoganMay 12, 2017 at 2:18 pm
I’ve always wanted to run a marathon, too! I guess I could start training at some point. haha You are really checking things off your list! Great job!
LakshmiMay 12, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Hoping to do the marathon asap… before the summer is done!! Good luck to you too Logan!
Christine AnneMay 12, 2017 at 4:26 pm
Love this list! I really want to learn to make macaroons. 🙂
LakshmiMay 16, 2017 at 11:58 am
Awesome!! Let me know when you make it Christine.. I would like try your tested recipe 🙂
RajMay 13, 2017 at 10:07 am
What a great list! I love making milestone birthday lists as you already know 🙂 Looking forward to reading more from you.
LakshmiMay 16, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Thanks for stopping by Raj!! Making these lists totally makes me want to be on track!! Looking forward to completing this list 🙂
SalmaMay 14, 2017 at 8:13 am
This is such a great diverse list and good luck with completing it!
LakshmiMay 16, 2017 at 12:01 pm
You are such a wonderful motivation to me and my blog Salma 🙂 Thank you!! Hoping to complete everything on the list (at least the ones within my control :-p)
TaynaMay 15, 2017 at 5:09 am
Very good written story. It will be useful to everyone who employess it, including myself. Keep doing what you are doing – looking forward to more posts.
LakshmiMay 16, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Thanks Tanya for the kind words… Hope you enjoy the content in the blog! 🙂
ChelseaMay 15, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Loving this list! I am also doing a 30 by thirty challenge, but with travel. Good luck on conquering this list!
LakshmiMay 16, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Wow 30 by 30 travel!! that would be like a dream for me 🙂 If Seattle area/PNW area is in your list, do let me know Chelsea 🙂 Good luck with your challenge!!! Would love to know about it!!
VrindaMay 24, 2017 at 2:37 pm
The list is so much fun and diverse just like you yourself are! Good picks for 30 😊
Waiting for 40’s list so that I can try some 😉
LakshmiJune 5, 2017 at 9:50 am
Aww thanks Vrinda… Comeon! you are definitely not ready for 40.. you are 30! 🙂
Manasa PrasanthMay 12, 2019 at 9:21 am
Super list .. that’s what I thought first I read and made one for myself .. glad I am able to do a few and now thanks to you made my lazy gaming enthusiast hubby to pen down one… hope he gets to point three from two very soon 😝on the list