Updated: May 2020
I had zucchini and a few bananas and I badly wanted to use them, before they go bad. I could not find enough motivation to consume as is and that is when I found this 🙂 Thanks to my aunt who shared her recipe with me.
This is the ultimate healthy recipe you can have with a cup of milk, coffee, or tea. This has a vegetable, fruit(s), nuts, seeds. More importantly, this recipe has no egg, butter, oil, or sugar. Thank me later 🙂
- Medium-sized Zucchini – 2
- Large ripen banana – 1
- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cups (You could use all-purpose flour too)
- Jaggery Powder – 1 cup
- Ground flax seeds – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 3/4 cup whole milk
- Applesauce – 1/4 cup (I used store-bought)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mash the banana with a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk the mixture well.
- In the end, add the grated Zucchini. The green skin of the Zucchini looks beautiful in the muffin 🙂
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Sprinkle shredded almonds and walnuts on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40-45 min (until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake).
- Cool it completely before serving.
- You could use this batter to make muffins. This batter yields about 15-20 muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- If you do not wish to compromise on the texture, you could use all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- You can substitute one egg for applesauce.
- You can use brown sugar or even white sugar instead of jaggery powder.