March is here!!! Yay…. This means Spring is round the corner and so is my Birthday!!!! Oh yes… I am one of those who is always excited about birthdays… and this time, I thought yesterday was March 1st and posted this on instagram. 🙂 Good, I just got one more extra day to stay excited!!!
So, when it is finally March and I am happy, “kuch meetha ho jaaye” (time for something sweet). I happened to be off from work today and I decided to do something for myself. Apart from Indian sweets, I have always been a great fan of baking and chocolate is one of my mandatory ingredients. Today I was in a mood to make something Indian yet use chocolate and tadah… I #desified my chocolate and made Chocolate ladoo!!!
I received some amazing organic products from Health Works and I was waiting to use each one of them. Today I used the 100% organic raw cacao powder. (Remember I said I am trying to be healthy!) You will see more posts when I use the other products as well.
Cacao provides a nutrient dense energy boost that is full of beneficial compounds and provides a great source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper and potassium, it is also one of the richest natural food sources of antioxidants!
For the ladoo all you need is dry fruits of your choice and cacao powder. I used cashews, almonds, pistachios and dates. You can also add walnuts or pecans.
- Almonds, Cashew and Dates(without seed) – 1 cup each
- Pistachio – 1/2 cup (I used salted ones, so did not add pinch of salt to the mix)
- Health works cacao powder – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Put the almonds, cashew and pistachios in the blender and make it into a powder. Keep it aside.
- Put the dates in the blender and make it into a paste. Do not add water. Use milk now and then for easy blending.
- When it is almost a paste, put the other dry fruit mix and blend it.
- Add cacao powder and blend it till becomes a thick paste.
- Once done, roll the mix between your palms into round ladoos 🙂
This is super tasty, easy to make, and good for health. It goes well with the kids as it has chocolate!!!
Let me know if you tried it and would like to know more desified version of chocolate.
Until then, happy March!