When it comes to baking and cooking, I love it when it is simple and takes fewer utensils. This chocolate cake is exactly that. This is a recipe I have been using since 2011 and is a foolproof one. I made this one-pot Eggless Chocolate Cake literally 5 times in the last 2 months and has been an absolute favorite at home. This cake is great just like that (makes it vegan too) or you can add some chocolate ganache layering on the top for extra taste.
- Dry Ingredients
- All-purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup (Granule or powder)
- Cocao powder – 1/4 cup (Prefer using dutch processed powder)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Wet Ingredients
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 6 Tbsp (Flavorless: I used olive oil)
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Few pieces of dark chocolate (I used 90% dark chocolate – Lint)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Grease one 8-inch cake pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and add all other dry ingredients. Mix it thoroughly without any lumps.
- In another small bowl or a glass, add the wet ingredients and mix them well.
- Now, mix both the wet and dry mixture well using the ‘cut and fold’ method.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and add it to the above mixture. This adds taste and color to the cake.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake it for 35 minutes.
- In a large bowl add 2tbsp butter +1 cup powdered sugar + 1 tbsp cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Using the electric beater, beat the above ingredients using the required amount of milk till you get spread consistency.
- You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for up to a month. (you will need it next time you make this cake.)
Happy baking. Stay home. Stay safe!