Finally I started to write blogs again… My first blog after being married. Now that I have someone at home always to taste my food, I am even more interested to cook now. So here you go..
Mmmm…. Think of gongura pappu…Mouth waters….
- Gongura – 2 bunches (serves 2 people)
- Onions – 1 (big)
- Red chillies
- Green chillies
- Pressure cooked Toor Dal
- Soaked Tamarind
- Thoroughly wash the leaves and neatly take out the leaves without the stem from the bunch.
- Chop the onions.
- In a pan, add little oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek, red chillies and green chillies, curry leaves and Hing.
- Then add the onions and let it fry till it turns into golden brown colour.
- Then add the gongura leaves. (Before you put gongura, turn the flame to sim)
- The leaves slowly shrink and becomes soft in very little time.
- Then add the Toor dal into the pan.
- Add tamarind Water (Optional)
- Add salt and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Finally garnish with coriander and get ready to eat the mouth watering Gongura Pappu with Hot Rice.